UP (Urban Prairie) Team Events July, 2017
Details of all events (regular and special) are on our calendar tinyurl.com/UPTeamCal
Changed: Friday, July 14, St. Thomas University Prairie, 9:00 am – noon
Join University of St. Thomas students for a workday at their prairie.
Address: 4103 Graustark., Houston, TX 77006
Monday, July 17, Willow Waterhole Demonstration Native Gardens, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
From Hazel Potvin: “We have 8 smallish gardens with concrete walkways around them so people can visit and observe. We are currently trying to get the weeds down in the gardens which were planted in March with plants from the City of Houston Natural Resources Dept. We work from 6-8 in the evenings because of the heat. The address is 5500 block of S. Willow. We drive up into the area but you can park at The Gathering Place at 5310 S. Willow and walk over. ” To RSVP and for more information, contact Hazel Potvin, email: email@example.com
May Be Changed. Updates will be posted on calendar next week: Friday, July 21, Buffalo Bayou Park, Prairie Area Workday, 9:00 am – noon
For detailed information on meeting location and parking, please check the calendar, tinyurl.com/UPTeamCal, for updates a few days before the event or contact JGonzalez@KatyPrairie.org
Cancelled: Friday, July 28, UH Downtown Pocket Prairie
Reason: The construction in Johnny Goyen Park, site of the UHD Pocket Prairie, continues and appears unlikely to be completed by July 28th.
Regular monthly UP Team volunteer events are now posted on the calendar: tinyurl.com/UPTeamCal
Check the calendar for details.
- 1st Saturdays: Hermann Park, Bayou Savannah Workday (near 6520 Almeda)
- 2nd Wednesday: Deer Park Prairie Workday
- 2nd Thursdays: Native (and mostly prairie) plant propagation at City of Houston Greenhouse at Memorial Park
- 2nd Saturdays: Hermann Park, Whistlestop Prairie Workday (near Japanese Garden)
- 4th Thursdays: Native (and mostly prairie) plant propagation at City of Houston Greenhouse at Memorial Park
- 4th Saturdays: Deer Park Prairie Workday
- 4th Saturdays: Hermann Park, Bayou Savannah Workday (near 6520 Almeda)
- Monday, August 21, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Willow Waterhole Demonstration Native Plant Gardens
General workday attire/needs: long pants and closed toe shoes. Optional: hat, sunscreen, long-sleeved shirt, insect repellent, water. If you have them bring some garden tools like garden gloves, trowel and/or shovel.